Tucked away in the south west corner of India, Kerala is a narrow strip of coastal territory sloping down from the Western Ghats. Kerala boasts of a rich tradition and a deep historical background. Enclosed within is a criss cross of mossed backwaters, abundant wildlife, paddyfields, a rich land burstling with cashew, coconut and rubber plantations and a variety of spices like cardamom, pepper, turmeric and ginger, making Kerala the spice capital of world. Kerala has been mentioned as one of the 50 greatest places of a lifetime in the world by national geographic magazine. And in Kerala, the season never ends, thanks to the year-long moderate climate and numerous festivals and events.
Kerala is breathtakingly green land, covered by coconut palms, lagoons, sunny beaches and waterfalls, offers a soothing and festive mood. Lush plantations rise from the sea, and sweep the entire state in verdant glory, swathing the countryside
In this entrancing state, a mere strip of south-western India, hugged by the coast on one side, by hills on another, a fascinating voyage of discovery awaits travelers. In the cosmopolitan cities where the past is always within reach, and small towns where time has stood still: all this and more, makes Kerala the ideal holiday destination, far removed from the rituals of everyday world.
Geographically, Kerala is a heady amalgam of Nature's very best. Emerald paddy fields. Virgin forests. Limpid backwaters, and beaches by the dozen, which in the days of yore, lured adventurous hearts from all over the globe.Kerala is God's own land, untouched and unparalleled.
Kerala is a tropical paradise far from the tourist trail at the southern Peninsular tip. With seductive beaches in quiet seclusion, flanked by cliff, headland and palm. With the dream-like serenity of its enchanting backwater and lagoons. With ancient temples and lovely palaces that make you forget the age you are in. As does shopping for antiques, cashew and gold.
With nature cures and herbal massages that tone up your body, mind and soul, and with thick evergreen reserves here wild color and wild life run riot, Geographically Kerala is an exotic mixture of nature's very best....emerald paddy fields. virgin forests, backwaters and beaches by the dozen.
Kerala Places to Visit & Attractions
- House Boats: Have you ever gone houseboat cruising on the backwaters of Kerala? If you havenít, make sure you do. This oneís really an absolutely wonderful, unforgettable experience!
- Thekkady (a.k.a Periyar) The greatest Attraction here is the herds of wild elephants that come down to the lake to frolic in the waters. Tiger, Sambhar, Bison, Spotted Deer, Leopard, Malabar Flying Squirrel, Stripe-necked Mangoose and so on can also be spotted inthe forest.Kumily, an important spice trade center, lies in the peiphery of the sanctuary.
- Water Carnivals : Vallamkali, the famous Snake Boat Race are spectacles enacted on the onset of the Onam season. The backwaters of Alleppey come alive with the rivers becoming flush after the rainy season.
- Kovalam Beach : Kovalam, more popular among backpacking travelers, is a western cultural dot on a traditional and orthodox Kerala physique.
- Vazhachal & Athirapally: Starting calmly from the high ranges, and crashing through gorges overhung with trees, these waterfall is one of the best places in India to re capture a real sense of the classical idea of the "Picturesque"...not just calm and sweet, but something wild and natural.
- Munnar : Panoramic views of low flying clouds and mist filled valleys make it a pretty little heaven with a cool bracing climate. It was opened up out of virgin forests a century ago by pioneering planters. Sprawling tea plantation, picture book towns, winding lanes and holiday facilities make this a popular hill station.
Kerala Ayurveda SPAAyurveda is Indiaís 5000 year old complete mind and body health care system, renowned for its vast knowledge of herbs and making use of it to help the body heal itself naturally. Ayurvedic medicine involves balancing all the elements of the body to achieve health, with an evaluation of the skin, hair, and the functioning and frequency of every bodily function. Ayurveda massage is too good to be true!
Climatic ConditionsKerala enjoys balmy weather almost all through out the year. It is neither too cold in the winter months nor too hot in summer (high humidty). Hot Summer months are March to May and September to October. May to August is the monsoon period, so you can expect a wet time. In addition, June can also be windy. The best time to visit is November to February, where the air bracing and on some morning there is a light mist.
Where to Stay
- Taj Hotel Chain (Residency, Garden Retreat, Malabar), Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom
Properties in Ernakulam, Kumarakom, Thekkady, Varkala, Cochin
- Spice Village, Thekkadi
India is a spiritual land, a land where the religion and philosophy have attained their cultivating points. India travel is very special because India has a very rich and dynamic culture that attracts every traveller. India is like a reward to every traveller who explores this mysterious country.
- Airline Ticket
- Hotel Reservations
- Places to visit
- Airport Car Rentals
- Rental Cars
- US Car Rentals
- Airport Car Parking